Step into the future of dentistry with Davinci Smiles’ laser dentistry services. Experience painless and efficient treatments that utilize advanced laser technology to address various dental issues, from gum disease to cosmetic enhancements.
Facilitating Painless & Efficient Dental Treatments
Laser Dentistry is a modern approach to dental care that uses advanced laser technology to perform various dental procedures. This innovative technique is highly effective, minimally invasive, and virtually pain-free. Laser dentistry is widely used for teeth whitening, gum disease treatment, cavity detection, and other cosmetic and restorative dental treatments. By eliminating the need for scalpels and drills, laser dentistry enables faster healing, reduces the risk of complications, and provides a more comfortable patient experience.
Reasons You May Need Laser Dentistry:
- To treat gum disease and remove infected gum tissue
- To perform root canal therapy and reduce the risk of infection
- To remove decayed tissues during cavity treatments
- To activate the bleaching agent and speed up professional teeth whitening
- To remove soft tissue growths and treat canker sores
- To reshape the gum line and remove diseased gum tissues
How Laser Dentistry Works
Laser dentistry uses a narrow and intense beam of light energy generated by a dental laser device to interact with the target tissues. The laser can be adjusted to different wavelengths, allowing it to interact with hard and soft tissues. The laser energy reacts with the water and other molecules in the tissue, causing it to vaporize or change its physical properties. This precise and controlled process enables the dentist to remove only the damaged tissue while keeping the healthy tissue intact.
Types of Dental Lasers
- Soft Tissue Lasers: These lasers are used to treat gum disease, remove soft tissue growths, and perform other procedures involving the gums and other soft tissues in the mouth.
- Hard Tissue Lasers: These lasers are used to remove cavities and prepare the tooth for a filling and for other procedures involving hard tissues, such as the bones in the jaw.
Common Laser Dentistry Procedures:
- Gum Disease Treatment: This procedure removes infected gum tissue and promotes faster healing, reducing the risk of tooth loss and other complications.
- Cavity Removal: This procedure removes decayed tooth tissue and prepares the tooth for a filling, reducing the need for anesthesia and preserving more of the healthy tooth.
- Root Canal Therapy: This procedure removes infected tissue inside the tooth and sterilizes the root canal, reducing the risk of infection and improving the procedure’s success rate.
- Teeth Whitening: This procedure activates the bleaching agent in the teeth whitening gel, producing more dramatic results in less time.
- Gum Reshaping: This procedure removes excess gum tissue and reshapes the gum line, improving the appearance of the smile and reducing the risk of gum disease.
- Oral Surgery: This procedure can remove soft tissue growths, treat canker sores and cold sores, and perform other minor surgical procedures.
Benefits of Laser Dentistry:
- Virtually painless and eliminates the need for anesthesia
- Promotes faster healing and reduces the risk of infection
- Optimal precision, allowing the dentist to remove only the damaged tissue
- Cauterizes the blood vessels, reducing bleeding during and after the procedure
- Highly accurate and can be used for complex procedures
- Produces minimal swelling and discomfort
- Used for a wide range of dental procedures
Schedule Your Consultation
If you are looking for personalized and exceptional dental care in Edmonton, Davinci Smiles is your premier destination. Our owner and dentist, Dr. Sholina Kherani, and her team are dedicated to providing patient-focused treatments tailored to your needs. Whether you need gum disease treatment, cavity removal, or cosmetic enhancements, our state-of-the-art laser technology can help you achieve your dental goals with minimal pain and maximum efficiency. Contact us to schedule your consultation today.